The Rustic Shop - Simple Review #1485538453

Such a *** company by a coward owner. She even had started a side company called "Saving Styles" and had reps waste their time promoting and doing picture contests.

After a few months this business slowly faded and reps kept asking her is this still going do we keep promoting?

She didn't respond to a single thing. Such an embarrassment!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 27, 2017.

The Rustic Shop Shipping Service Review from Alamosa, Colorado

I ordered a wallet as part of an order and I got all of it except the wallet. I then made a $96 order in March that I didn't get.

I did get my refund for the $96 order, only because I filed a dispute with PayPal. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau but it did no good because Kimmie ignored it just like she did the emails.

I'm thinking about filing another one, if for no other reason than to make the number of complaints go up because people are not filing complaints, but they sure did complain on facebook. Funny how she went from 4000 reps to under 500 in just a month or two.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Rustic Shop Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 08, 2016.

The Rustic Shop - Simple Review #1470070131

Proof is in the pudding. Would advise customers to shop elsewhere. Representatives have also had bad experiences

Product or Service Mentioned: The Rustic Shop Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 01, 2016.

The Rustic Shop - Commission Due Review

I am owed commission through this scam company. She refuses to respond to emails and blocked me on fb.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 16, 2016.

Comments

Honestly, this company has such a poor rep, I would never do business with them. The founder herself sounds very unprofessional and annoying to deal with.

Try sending them an invoice payment through PayPal with your details. I did this and finally got my commissions after waiting a month and a half.

Sad to see a business go from 3000+ DEDICATED reps to now under 400 with the change of them switching to a wholesaler without any notice to the reps. Kimmi is definitely a coward and I am sad to say I stuck up for The Rustic Shop and am working with this website to get those comments removed. Really hope you get your commissions I also filed a complaint with the BBB but to my luck The Rustic Shop will likely ignore that as well.

Like I said try sending them an invoice for your commissions though through PayPal and see what happens. Best of luck!

to Anonymous #1211556

If you aren't able to get comments removed, at least go back to each comment and update what you said.

Me too but I hope you get yours even if a class action suit is brought forth. My account got suspended when in had surgery even though I wrote to them to tell them what was happening.

The new requirements do not match the time frames companies are supposed to follow when dealing with independent contractors. I do not feel like purchasing items just to gain access to the commissions I previously earned.

The Rustic Shop Shipping Service Review from Newland, North Carolina

2.3

Horrible business ethic. I supported Kimmie Klocke from the beginning and found her ethics ended up being sneaky and just plain rude.

She hides behind emails that are picked through to who she'd like to answer and blocks anyone that she doesn't agree with even if they aren't attacking her. Me for example, I just wanted to find my husbands order and they said "order is Packed and ready to be shipped". We confirmed the mailing address and three weeks later after sending yet another email, pretty sure this was number five just from him, we got a response saying that the money was refunded the prior week. No notifications of any kind.

This all started March 28, one week after initial order. Took the entire month of April to resolve and we really wanted the order.

Plus I had a customer order in April, when links were supposed to be disconnected, she received it in one week and I don't get commission on it. It saddens me that this so called "I'm just a southern girl", isn't who she says she is and I loved the company to much to realize what was actually going on.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Rustic Shop Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 06, 2016.

The Rustic Shop - Therusticshop.com is not a real wholesaler, do not get scammed!

OMG Kimmie Klock runs therusticshop.com and is now scamming independent distributors to purchase wholesale from her, just go straight to her wholsaler jgoodin.com

stop cheating yourself from this middleman of a middleman fake wholesaler!

In fact if you buy from a real wholesaler you will not have to spend the $100 she wants you to spend from her "wholesale" shop!

and she is selling food, great hope its made in a facility that is inspected! barf, she is a dirty woman. I would not trust anything she says.

Go ahead ask her a question and if she does not like it she will block, delete and call you cray cray. She must be looking in the mirror.

Preferred solution: stop scamming people.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 20, 2016.

The Rustic Shop - Review in Employees and Ex-employees category from Baltimore, Maryland

The rustic shop direct sales shop has now switched from "direct sales" to an independent distributor. This means Kimmie Swanson Klock is now the middleman to her wholesaler. She claims you will now have to buy 6 packs of each item. This is another bs sales tactic of hers. A legitimate wholesaler will require you to present them with a sales tax permit and other requirements. Please don't be fooled. Google wholesale montant west handbags and reverse image search her images, she is not a good business person. She scams, curse and blocks people. She is listed in many facebook beware of scammer groups. Start your own wix ecommerce website and use a wholesale dropshipper who will not require you to pay in advance for access to their website or inventory other than when placing the actual customers order. You should be making $25 not $5. Stop cheating yourself when you work so hard and believe every word the scammer kimmie klock says. google search her name and the rustic shop if you need more assurance that what I am writing is true.

She is 100% cray cray!

She should not even be selling candles, she was a rep for jewelry in candles and agreed to a non compete for 3 years after termination, that point right there should ahow you how shady of a person she is.

She intimidates, curses and blocks thise who do not agree with her. What legit "CORPORATE" company owner does this?

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 06, 2016.

Comments

Had never heard of this company... just checked out the stuff they sell and now I can only ask: who is buying this stuff?

I did not see anything original or special. It looks to me like the kind of stuff anyone could buy wholesale and go into business for themselves with.

Johnson City, New York, United States #1146453

everyone needs to file with the BBB.

Johnson City, New York, United States #1146443

I Also heard that she is NOT paying out any commissions to her reps who earned because she suddenly stopped acting as a direct sales company. That means that anyone who did not earn the minimum payout of $20, she will not pay out.

In order to get the commissions earned under $20, you'd have to stay with them and make a $100 purchase. With over 4000 supposedly reps, that is a LOT of money she is keeping in her pocket.

DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN PEOPLE. RUN DONT WALK!

A non compete is only valid for companies that sell the same products. If she was selling jewelry in candles and switched over to selling candles without jewelry it is not the same.

to Anonymous #1141811

I have screenshots frim when she was a jic rep and a rep for another comapny selling candles. My friend a candle is a candle, their agreement states non compete therefore starting your own direct sales business and offering candles as a product for sale does in fact go against their representative agreement that she agreed to when signing up.

She is a well known scammer, up in the ranks of those like Melissa Thompson Luxton.

I will just let Jewlery in candles lawyers handle the screenshots and evidence.

She wants to be a big bad wolf blockibg people she scammed well let her try to block an actual lawsuit. She is nothing but a sloppy fat criminal.

to Anonymous #1144028

As a current Jewelry In Candles rep, I can tell you Jewelry In Candles does in fact allow you to sell other candles and tarts as long as they do not contain jewelry. In fact I can be a Scentsy rep and a JIC rep without any issue and both companies are ok with it.You might want to get your facts 100% correct before posting. It sounds like your issues are hate based instead of factual.

to Anonymous #1146446

Kimmie Klock is 100% scandalous and a lousy business woman.

Maybe you are one of the many who bought the lies.

to Anonymous #1144178

I am a JIC rep right now and what you are saying is completely false. In order for her to be a fault she has to he selling a 100% soy candle that had jewelry in them!!

The Rustic Shop - Company legitimacy questioned

I don't believe it would be such a good idea to sign up with this company since they seem to come and go like the wind. They also send out subbed items without any warning and ship separate orders with only 1 tracking number that makes it virtually impossible to track.

They have claimed they are currently being undersold and therefore going out of business. The reps I know were starting to become successful with this store, but are now being told the store will be gone by Sunday...Yes, just like that!!!

I fail to see why they claimed they could no longer complete. I would not recommend getting involved.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 02, 2016.

Disappointed in The Rustic Shop

First we go to a new website, after we get used to it, we switch to the old one. Now we are not able to sell online which is what most companies do today.

We have to become wholesale reps and spend $100 minimum and sell it however we choose. I cant keep up with these changes. I read a lot of people quitting. I liked what we sold.

I loved the 30 percent discount. The old website isn't even user friendly. I am very disappointed in this and glad I never had business cards made. I previously gave kudos to the Rustic Shop.

Now I have changed my mind. I will have to find another DS business.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 31, 2016.

Comments

I was with them for almost 2 years. I swore by them but not anymore. I joined It Works and I have never been happier!!

How about signing up with Avon? Reply here with your email for more information.

She wants you to buy from her, skip her aka the middleman kimmie swanson klock and buy from her wholesaler wholesaleaccessorymarket.com

The Rustic Shop - Thankful I joined for free

1.7

Thankful I joined the business for free. But after having done so, nothing could be sold, at all. It was EXTREMELY expensive for the product it was, and now come to find out she was only buying from a place we could all buy from and then marking it up for OUR customers?

Today I found out that Kimmie Klock is closing down her DS side of The Rustic Shop. This comes after literally no warning. She tells us that as of April 3rd, our sites will no longer be active. We can become Wholesale Distributors for her, though! Oh boy. Spending 100.00 on bs to sell for her when we could do that ourselves.

I didn't join for this kind of nonsense. I don't trust Kimmie and am pissed off that I can't seem to listen to the conference call that was held every month.

Do not buy junk from this business, and certainly don't attempt to join. Kimmie cares not a bit for her employees.

I didn't like: Business practices, Communication practices.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 31, 2016.

Comments

Their grammar in their report is so poor.

Having seen the products, I am unclear as to who would want to buy this stuff... but if people want to sell it, why not cut her out of the equation?

Johnson City, New York, United States #1146447

well said! glad you weren't one who was brainwashed.

I so agree with you.

I am asking you to remove the 1st pic in this complaint. This was my notes and you have no right to use them.

Please remove as it lists reps names on them. I did not give you permission to use something I wrote.

to Anonymous #1146449

She doesn't have to remove anything Fawn.

to Anonymous #1169559

Thank you for posting everything and all the pictures. I was actually named one of the contest winners and have not received anything.

I spoke to another former rep and of course she claims she got hers a long time ago. However I'm sure it helps to be a favourite.

I'm sad to see the company is so poorly ran and I think it would be in Kimmi's best interest to let it go and move on. It's obvious she can't make profits and fulfil anything and the lack of their man power to even be able to respond to emails is highly unorganized and doesn't work in business.

Not to mention the reputation of the company is awful.

For the user that posted the 1st picture should be removed - I don't agree at all in fact I encourage more people to post their conversations and emails to further show their proof on how they are being treated. She has every right to be posting those notes they are only notes.

Very disappointed I stuck up for this company and as I have mentioned before I am working with this website to have those positive comments removed as this company turned out to be nothing but a waste of my time joke and loss of money as well as many others.

For those people who would actually be interested in the products The Rustic Shop sells, I actually found many of their suppliers and you may as well go to them instead of spending way more with them and lose out on money and or not even get your order along with non needed hassle and your emails ignored. You can even search the items like infinity bracelets on eBay and pay less than $1.00 and do reverse searches for the products on google and find them way cheaper elsewhere.

It still boggles my mind how Kimmi has stated in an email a while back how her representatives were the backbone to this company and she appreciates every one of them - yet pulls the rug from beneath them and with NO notice switched to an independent wholesaler and we lose out on our direct sales business. I understand that sometimes businesses need to make changes and especially if they lose more then they make, but there's a classier and more graceful way to be about things. Kimmi handled that situation so poorly and of course the reps are going to have questions!

She blocks and ignores people, doesn't respond to emails and can't even give them the time of day when they deserve an explanation and especially as to why this was done to them within a matter of a week and no warning whatsoever. If you know your business of losing money and had the intention of switching to be a wholesaler company why did you keep getting your representatives to promote the free sign ups and try and recruit as many people and even have a contest going for that? Just to see how many more people would sign up and buy products to get set up for their stock? Unreal and the actions of a true coward and one with no business ethic.

Best of luck to everyone who is still owed their commissions from months ago still that they worked hard for.